Wildlife Problems and Solutions

June 18, 2014 by Richard Warren


If you observe wildlife that is acting strangely and showing signs of rabies call animal control at
 (804) 758-2779.


Most wildlife are nocturnal however seeing them during the day is not a sign of rabies.


Nuisance & Problem Wildlife

Wildlife in Middlesex County is regulated by Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries. Here are some links below from their website that will be helpful in your wildlife issues.

Nuisance & Problem Wildlife
Nuisance Wildlife Trappers

Injured & Orphaned Wildlife

What to do with injured and orphaned wildlife
Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitators


You can also call Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries toll-free wildlife conflict helpline at 1-855-571-9003.

Deceased Animals

For deceased animals that are in the roadway or ditch call Virginia Department of Transportation. At 804-758-2321.

Deceased animals that are on private property, disposal is the responsibility of the property owner.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.
Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer